Why Galveston Makes a Nice Vacation Spot
If you have been wondering if Galveston makes a nice vacation spot, the answer is a resounding yes! Galveston is not only one of the largest growing cruise ports outside of Florida in the country, but it is also attracting millions of visitors each year for vacations. You can find shuttle services from IAH and HOU giving easy access to your vacation getaway. Galveston offers exciting nightlife, beautiful beaches, and attractions the whole family will enjoy.
What is unique about Galveston?
There is something for everyone in Galveston. Visitors flock to the area to relax and enjoy some island life at its finest.
After you depart your shuttle service from HOU to Galveston, plan to spend a day or two sightseeing. Galveston is rich in history and hosts some must-see historic neighborhoods that are perfect for cruising through. The area also hosts several museums that boast some of the largest collections of historical artifacts in the world. If you are interested in the history of the Lonestar state this is the best place to immerse yourself in its’ background.
Explore Moody Gardens
Moody Gardens would take at least a full day to see all that this attraction has to offer. So why not decide to stay at their onsite accommodations? Moody Gardens alone is worth taking the shuttle service from the airport to Galveston. This entertainment site has everything you could want for families, couples, and singles alike.
Explore the three pyramids which have a fantastic aquarium, rainforest, and discovery museum. Take the family on the Colonel Paddleboat Ride. Enjoy a game of golf, a day at the spa, and dining at its finest.
Schlitterbahn Waterpark Galveston
Considered one of Texas’s top water parks, Schlitterbahn Waterpark is perfect for all Galveston vacationers. Home of MASSIV Monster Blaster, the world’s tallest water coaster, this waterpark offers thrills upon thrills. You can enjoy the kids at designated areas with kid-friendly activities or grab a drink and enjoy some adult time at the swim-up bar.
Why Galveston Texas makes the perfect day trip.
- Galveston is a popular cruise port. Galveston is known for being a cruise port and houses two large cruise terminals with a third under construction. This is primarily why it is so easy to hop on a shuttle from IAH or HOU to Galveston. Cruisers enjoy being able to spend a day before or after their exciting cruise and able to unwind and enjoy the Galveston Island Historic Pleasure Pier or any of the other offerings Galveston has to offer.
- The sandy beaches of Galveston make for the perfect getaway. On Galveston Island's 32-mile stretch of sandy shores, you can choose from more populated beach fronts or secluded lounge spots. The sea wall is also a popular destination itself and offers plenty of spots to spend the day by the surf.
- Dozens of charismatic tree sculptures can be found across the island. After the destruction Hurricane Ike caused in 2008, local sculptors began repurposing the destroyed forests into whimsical tree sculptures. This is just another example of the charming culture found in Galveston, Texas. You can see a tour map on the Island’s visitation guide and enjoy this free adventure. It’s fun for the whole family to search for each sculpture and is completely budget-friendly.
- “Boat to Table Days” is what locals refer to as days filled with meals full of the freshest kinds of seafood. With the perfect fishing environment, there is no shortage of fresh seafood on the island. You can go to any seafood market and cook your finds at home, or indulge at any of the seafood restaurants around. Dining in Galveston is full of flavor, culture, and inviting experiences.
- Galveston Island Historic Pleasure Pier is filled with fun during the day or night. Coasters, dining, and carnival games are just a few of the things the whole family can enjoy. Everyone loves the Ferris wheel that provides stunning views of the sea.
- There is an abundance of opportunities to spot our favorite sea friends the dolphins. You can take guided boat tours and enjoy dolphins that come right up to the boat. This attraction is one of the cheapest on the island and one of the unique things to do. This can be enjoyed during the warmer months.
- 10 Reasons To Visit Galveston In 2022 (2022)  retrieved July 20, 2022, from www.visitgalveston.com
- 12 Bucket List-Worthy Things To Do In Galveston (2022)  retrieved July 20, 2022, from www.visitgalveston.com
- www.moodygardens.com  retrieved on July 20, 2022.
- 11 Reasons Galveston, Texas Makes The Perfect day Trip (May 23, 2019)  retrieved July 20, 2022, from www.tripstodiscover.com
- Beaches (2022)  retrieved on July 20, 2022, from www.galvestontx.gov
- Galveston Tree Sculptures (2022)  retrieved on July 20, 2022, from www.galvestonislandguide.com